PPF (Public Provident Fund) is one of the most popular and one of the best debt investment instruments. We have Excel based calculator for PPF Withdrawal, Loan and Maturity.
This PPF calculator can calculate the maximum loan eligibility, partial withdrawal eligibility and the maturity value at the end of 15 years.
It takes the historical interest rates automatically depending on the financial year. The future years where the interest rates have not been declared takes the value of last declared rates.
You can download Excel based calculator below.
Download PPF Calculator in Excel (75.36 KB)
The calculator looks like the figure below and follows the following rules:
PPF Loan Rules:
Following are the rules for Loan on PPF:
- The loan facility is available from third to sixth financial year of opening the account.
- The maximum loan that can be taken is 25% of the PPF account balance at the end of preceding two financial years. For e.g. for FY 2013-14 you can borrow 25% of the amount present at the end of FY 2011-12.
- The interest rate on loan would be 1% higher than the prevailing interest offered on PPF (since December 1, 2019).
- Inactive accounts are not eligible for loan.
- You can borrow multiple times in the third to sixth financial year, once you fully pay the preceding loan.
- PPF Form D needs to submitted to apply for loan.
Also Read: Everything you wanted to know about PPF
PPF Partial Withdrawal Rules:
- Partial withdrawal is available from seventh financial year from the account opening financial year. So if you opened account in FY 2011-12, the earliest you can withdraw is FY 2017-18.
- The maximum amount you can withdraw every year is 50% of the account balance in the preceding 4 financial years.
- Only one withdrawal can be made every financial year.
- PPF Form C needs to submitted to make partial withdrawal.
- In case the withdrawal is from account opened in the name of minor, a declaration needs to be given by the guardian that the amount would be used for the benefit of the minor.
PPF Extension Rules:
- PPF account matures at the end of 15 years from date of account opening.
- You can request for extension of PPF account for 5 years at a time. This extension is possible for any number of times. This means that you can continue PPF for a long period of time.
- For extension you need to choose if you want to extend the PPF with contribution or without contribution.
- In case of extension without contribution the balance in PPF account continues to earn interest and you need not contribute anymore. You can also withdraw entire amount anytime.
- In case of extension with contribution you can withdraw only 60% of the balance before the start of this 5 year extension period.