Income Tax Section 80G – DONATIONS
The deduction under section 80G for F.Y 2019-20 is available in respect of donations made by you towards certain specified funds, charitable institutions etc.
For claiming donation under this section following conditions must be fulfilled:
- The donation should be made in any mode of payment other than cash if it exceeds Rs. 10,000. (For F.Y.2016-17, from F.Y. 2017-18 the limit for cash2,000. (From F.Y. 17-18) Donations in kind are not eligible for deduction under this section.
The donation should be made only to specified funds or institutions.
Specified Funds or Institutions can be divided into 4 components for the purpose of this section. Here is a complete lists of charitable trust/institutions for which you can take the tax benefit under section 80G of the Income Tax:
Donations eligible for 100% deduction without qualifying limit:
- Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- National Defense Fund set up the Central Government
- Prime Minister’s Armenia Earthquake Relief Fund
- Africa (Public Contributions India) Fund
- National Foundation for Communal Harmony
- University/Educational Institution of National Eminence approved by Prescribed Authority
- Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Earthquake Relief Fund
- Fund set up by the State Government of Gujarat, for providing relief to Gujarat earthquake victims
- Zila Saksharta Samiti
- The National Blood Transfusion Council or a State Blood Transfusion Council.
- Any fund to provide medical relief to the poor, set up by the State Government.
- The Army Central Welfare Fund or the Indian Naval Benevolent Fund or The Air Force Central Welfare Fund.
- The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister’s Cyclone Relief Fund, 1996
- National Illness Assistance Fund
- Chief Minister’s Relief Fund or Lieutenant Governor’s Relief Fund for any State or UT.
- National Sports Fund set up the Central Government
- National Cultural Fund set up the Central Government
- Central Government’s Fund for Technology Development & Application
- National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation & Multiple Disabilities
- National Children’s Fund (From AY 2014-15)
- Swachh Bharat Kosh and Clean Ganga Fund set up by Central government ( Any amount paid in pursuance of Corporate Social Responsibilities as per The Companies Act will not be eligible for deduction) (From AY 2015-16)
- National fund for control of drug abuse. (From AY 2016-17)
Donations eligible for 50% deduction of donation amount without qualifying limit:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
- Prime Minister’s Drought Relief Fund
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust
- Rajiv Gandhi Foundation
Donations eligible for 100% deduction of donation amount with qualifying limit:
- To Government or any approved local authority/institution/association for the purposes of family planning.
- Donations by a company to Indian Olympic Association or other notified association or institution for the development of infrastructure or sponsorship for sports & games.
Donations eligible for 50% deductions of donation amount with qualifying limit:
- To Government or any approved local authority/institution/association for purposes other than family planning.
- Any other fund or institution which fulfills the conditions of section 80G(5)
- To any Indian authority for the purpose of satisfying the need for housing accommodation or for planning development of cities, towns villages.
- To any corporation (specified under section 10(26BB)) for promoting interest of members of a minority community
- Donations to any notified temple, mosque, gurdwara, church or any other place notified by the Central Government for the purpose of repair and renovation.
Download And Prepare At a Time 50 Employees Automated Income Tax Form 16 Part B with Form 12 BA (Modified Format) [This Excel Utility Prepare At a time 50 Employees Form 16 Part B with Form 12 BA in New Format for A.Y. 2020-21 ]
The main feature of this Excel Utility:-
1) Prepare At time 50 Employees Excel Based Form 16 Part B with Form 12 BA ( Modified Format of Form 16 Part B Vide CBDT Notification No.36/2019 Dated 12/04/2019 ]
2) All the Amended Income Tax Section have in this utility as per Budget 2019
3) You can print individual Form 16 Part Part B with 12 BA
4) Most easy to install just like an Excel File
5) Easy to Fill the all column
6) Automatic Convert the Amount to the In-Words