Who is eligible for deduction u/s 80GG?
Only an individual can claim deduction under section 80GG. He can be a self-employed person.
Alternatively, he can be an employee who does not get HRA from the employer.
Download All in One TDS on Salary for Govt and Non-Govt Employees for the F.Y. 2019-2020 & A.Y. 20120-2021 With H.R.A. Exemption Calculation U/s 10(13A) + Arrears Relief Calculator U/s 89(1) with Form 10e for F.Y.2019-20
The feature of this Excel Utility is the following:-
1) This Excel Utility can prepare automatic Tax Calculation as per new Finance Budget 2019
2) The Salary Structure as per the All of Govt and Non-Govt(Private) employee’s Salary Pattern
3) Automated Individually Salary Sheet for each Employee
4) Automated Income Tax Salary Sheet for each Employee
5) This Excel Utility calculate your House Rent Exemption Calculation U/s 10(13A)
6) Automated Income Tax Form 16 Part A&B for F.Y. 2019-20 in New Format
7) Automated Income Tax Form 16 Part B for the F.Y. 2019-20 in New Format
8) Automated Arrears Relief Calculator U/s 89(1) with Form 10e from F.Y.2000-01 to F.Y. 2019-20
What are the conditions for getting deduction u/s 80GG?
Following condition must be satisfied to claim deduction under section 80GG :
A. The taxpayer must be an individual or a HUF.
B. He should pay rent for residential accommodation for himself and family and does not get any allowance from the employer.
C. He, his spouse, minor child (including a minor step-child and minor adopted child) or the HUF of which the taxpayer is a member should not own any residential accommodation at the place where the taxpayer resides, perform the duties of his office or employment or carries on his business or profession.
D. If own any house property other the place noted above, then that property should be shown as either let out or deemed to be let out. i.e not self-occupied.
Example: Mr. Mishra is having a flat in Banaras which is let-out and he lives in Mumbai in a rented flat. He can claim the deduction of section 80GG with respect rent paid for flat in Mumbai.
E. Online Furnish declaration in form 10BA
What is the limit of 80GG Deduction?
For the Assessment year 2019-20 [FY 2018-19] , the maximum deduction u/s 80GG is Rs.60,000 (Rs.5,000 per month)
How is the HRA exemption calculated?
HRA = Actual rent less 10% of total income (before deduction u/s 80GG)
However, HRA should not exceed the lower of the following :
- 5000 per month
- 25% of “total income”